Daniela Marcel, Week 15: Core Memories,Family

         I think everyone has heard that “Inside Out 2” will be coming out soon. This got me thinking about my core memories and those 5 islands.The goofball, friendship, hockey, honesty, and family. For today’s blog, I would like to write about the family island. My family is the most important thing for me. I would do anything for them and I love them unconditionally. I am thankful for my parents, and I don’t know what I would do without them. My siblings though, I love my siblings so much.

Recently it had hit me, that I would only spend a few more years with them together. Next year when I graduate, this year when my sister graduates, I won’t be with my family anymore. My older sister who has been there since birth, and my little brother who I’ve known since birth. In just a few years, we’ll all go in our own direction. In a few years, I won’t be living under the same roof as my siblings. Although a few years seems like a long time, I just know those few years will pass by quickly.

I really can’t help but reminisce about all those memories I had with my siblings. Memories flood my mind, such as when my brother and I would play in the streets, open our garage, and fill the car's trunk with snacks. We used to go in the car trunk, sit in it, and watch the sunset whenever we were exhausted. My brother and I would gaze up at the stars and moon. I cherish the times when my brother would come into my room to spend time with me since I felt lonely. We would play video games, and yell to the point we got yelled at. I can't help but think of all the occasions that, out of fear, my brother would go with me to the store or help me get something out of the garage. I can't help but think back to all the times my brother used to let me apply nose strips and face masks so we could do it together.

The thought of my sister finally going to a far college scares me. I can’t help but indulge myself in the times when I would come home, brust in her room to tell her the latest tea. Whenever I would break down, I would go to her and embrace myself in her arms to feel her warmth and love. Her presence would make all my worries go away and block those thoughts with laughter. Those moments when I would break into a dance or I would sing a song she would join in. She would match my energy and we would have the best times. I can foundly remember all those times when she would drive me around and we would sing to our hearts' content.

My siblings hold a special place in my heart and always will. 



Comments

  1. Hi Daniela. I found your article very sweet and relatable, as you talked about things that I felt when my sister left for college. Her leaving felt almost like the end of an era; she was going out into the world and would be staying in a different place, a place where she wouldn’t be with me. It took a while to get used to not seeing her at home as often, but as strange as it might seem, I’ve become accustomed to it. Even though she’s living and studying outside Fremont, I don’t feel that she’s left me—rather, I feel more excited about my own future in college, as she’s shared her exciting new memories and college experiences with me. It’s interesting to see how fast the time has gone, as it seems like yesterday I was playing outside with my sister without a care in the world. Your blog made me remember those times, and I’m glad you shared your feelings with us in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Daniela. your blog struck a chord with me; it felt incredibly relatable as you touched on emotions I experienced when my sister went to college. Her departure kinda marked an end of a era/bond. Cause it felt as if she was now an adult and kind of distanced the bond we had. However, I have gel accustomed to it, surprisingly her being absent hasn't made me feel abandoned; instead, it has ignited a sense of anticipation for my own collegiate journey. It remarkable how swiftly time has flown by; it feels like just yesterday wen we were carefree kids playing around.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Daniela Marcel Week 10: The Power That Friends Hold

Daniela Marcel Week 9: What Super Powers Do Humans Have?

Patrick Chou Week #9 Power of English